Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BA1503
Frequent Visitor

Dax calculate max value, date, first text, based on criteria matching from 2 different tables

Hi,

I have two tables joined together with a many-to-many relationship with both as cross filter direction selected.

Table 1 - is a transaction table which shows all the exams and results a student has sat (1 student can sit many exams, therefore a row per exam sat)

Table 2 - is the management of these students and monitoring their activity/ engagement (not able to have this data in Table 1, manual data capture)

The tables have a common field (Student ID), and the relationship as mentioned above is many-to-many.

1.PNGCapture.PNG

What I would like to show is the information in the table, illustrated in a matrix format (above) as a timeline. So, in the matrix you would see a student sit an assessment(column), with the grade and date sat in the values. 

Is this achievable? 

Any help would be useful.

Thanks

AD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BA1503
Frequent Visitor

This issue is resolved now, I created a view in SQL based on the tables and structured it so that I can report as I want it to in power Bi.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BA1503
Frequent Visitor

This issue is resolved now, I created a view in SQL based on the tables and structured it so that I can report as I want it to in power Bi.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send a link to an example file, please. Thanks.

Best
Darek

Anonymous
Not applicable

This link DOES NOT WORK. I don't have permissions to view it. I'd suggest you place the .pbix file on OneDrive/GoogleDrive and give us the link. Don't forget to set the permissions correctly.

Best
Darek

Hi Darek,

Apologies can you try the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lhVTCwiTLC1Oexw8ZyOrGN0b8sG8KKQZ/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

A

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors