Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akarna772
Frequent Visitor

Date time range filter for map visual

Actually, I have created a date time range filter and implemented them for measures with the help of the link given below.

akarna772_1-1666094197933.png

https://exceed.hr/blog/including-hours-and-minutes-in-dax-date-filters/

But when I added maps to my report, the above filter didn't work. Actually, filters work for measures with conditions given in that measure.  But now I require a filter for a column instead of measure. I am providing an id column in the location field of Mapbox. How do I provide ids filtered by date and the time range in the location field? So that the filter works. Or is there any better approach?

akarna772_2-1666094397569.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @akarna772 

Thanks for your reply.

>> But now I require a filter for a column instead of measure. I am providing an id column in the location field of Mapbox. How do I provide ids filtered by date and the time range in the location field? 

Actually I mean, filter your id column by creating a filter measure and put it in visual-level filter, for example,

create the measure below

filter measure = IF( MIN('Table'[Start Date])>=SELECTEDVALUE('date 1'[Date]) && MIN('Table'[End Date])<=SELECTEDVALUE('date 2'[Date]),1,0)

vxiaotang_2-1667372275419.png

result

vxiaotang_0-1667372073984.pngvxiaotang_1-1667372095178.png

please see the sample file attached below

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
akarna772
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply but actually this is not the issue.. I can have date time range filter in the filter pane but I need that in slicer. Actually that is our clients requirement.

Hi @akarna772 

Thanks for your reply.

>> But now I require a filter for a column instead of measure. I am providing an id column in the location field of Mapbox. How do I provide ids filtered by date and the time range in the location field? 

Actually I mean, filter your id column by creating a filter measure and put it in visual-level filter, for example,

create the measure below

filter measure = IF( MIN('Table'[Start Date])>=SELECTEDVALUE('date 1'[Date]) && MIN('Table'[End Date])<=SELECTEDVALUE('date 2'[Date]),1,0)

vxiaotang_2-1667372275419.png

result

vxiaotang_0-1667372073984.pngvxiaotang_1-1667372095178.png

please see the sample file attached below

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @akarna772 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

you can try visual-level filter, Add a filter to a report in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vxiaotang_0-1666168390593.png

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors