Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ctedesco3307
Resolver II
Resolver II

Date diff Working Days to Today with filter

I have a table that has all the working days identifed for a project between the start and end date. I need a measure to add up all the working days for each project from Start date to today, Thanks in advance 

ctedesco3307_0-1661782241505.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ctedesco3307 ,

I suggest you to try this code to create a measure.

Measure = 
VAR _MINDATE = MIN(MAX('Table'[End Date]),TODAY())
VAR _COUNT = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Working Day]),FILTER('Table','Table'[MSSContractDay]<=_MINDATE))+0
RETURN
_COUNT

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak  thank you but the function needs to sum the workingday column in the table if workingday = 1  -- not just omit saturday and sunday - we have company holidays also 

Hi @ctedesco3307 ,

I suggest you to try this code to create a measure.

Measure = 
VAR _MINDATE = MIN(MAX('Table'[End Date]),TODAY())
VAR _COUNT = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Working Day]),FILTER('Table','Table'[MSSContractDay]<=_MINDATE))+0
RETURN
_COUNT

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi Rico,

am using your DAX statement like this:

DaysDiff =
 VAR _MINDATE= MIN(MAX('KPI Delivery'[InvoiceDate]), TODAY())
 VAR _COUNT = CALCULATE(SUM('KPI Delivery'[InvoiceWeekendDay]),FILTER('KPI Delivery', 'KPI Delivery'[InvoiceDate]<=_MINDATE))+0

RETURN
 _COUNT
The measure seems to be working but as soon as i add the measure to a visual i get this error message: 
MdxScript(Model (5,29) Calculation error in measure TABLE [DaysDiff]; the function SUM cannot work with values of type string.  Can you help. thnx!!

hi Rico,

forget about my question, found the issue and solved it.

The measure is working!

thnx!!!!

@ctedesco3307 , Please refer blog I shared complete information on how to use the holiday calendar

https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-dax-function-networkdays-5c8e4aca38c

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors