Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

BlueRanger
Frequent Visitor

DAX help: Ignoring Date Slicer on Page and Using a Static Date in Calculation

Hello,

I am running the following calculation to determine the total end employee count:

BlueRanger_0-1695924465503.png

I need to modify this calculation to ignore the date slicer on my report page and instead filter on the date ending 1-24-22.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BlueRanger
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! I eneded up finding a solution to this problem by disconnecting my visual with this calculation from the slicer and then adding a filter to the visual with the desired date.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BlueRanger
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! I eneded up finding a solution to this problem by disconnecting my visual with this calculation from the slicer and then adding a filter to the visual with the desired date.

ChiragGarg2512
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@BlueRanger , Use only the required date instead of the whole date column. This problem is pretty unclear as to where this date has to be placed. 

To put the date in the DAX use date(22, 24, 1) instead of writing date directly.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors