Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

deeskuma
Frequent Visitor

Custom Measure not working on Pie Chart Visual

Hello Team,

I have created a custom measure , which I want to use as a filter in pie chart visual.
When I apply this filter , it gets applied on the "Legend" but not on the "Values" of the pie chart visual.

Please assist.

Thanks
Deesha

2 REPLIES 2
deeskuma
Frequent Visitor

@Uspace87 
Thanks for the prompt revert !
My exact use case is as follows :
1.The default behaviour of the checkbox slicer in Power BI is that it shows the result of OR when you select multiple items , I wanted to convert checkbox slicer to AND logic upon multiple selection. 

2. I took the help of following link to create a custom measure :

https://radacad.com/slicer-with-and-condition-in-power-bi

3. The custom measure is working correctly on table visual but when I try to use the same on pie chart I am facing the abovementioned issue.

Please suggest if not custom measure then what is the correct way to solve my use case.

Thanks 
Deesha

Uspace87
Resolver III
Resolver III

@deeskuma 

Measures cannot be used as filters because filters are used to restrict the data that is displayed in a visual or a report. Filters need to have a fixed set of values that can be used to restrict the data displayed. Measures, on the other hand, are dynamic calculations that change based on the data and filters applied to the report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors