Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

poornadeepthi
Regular Visitor

Cumulative Totals for different years and months for LOTS in powerbi

Hello,

I have been looking to create measure which shows Cumulative totals for LOTS and for all the months and years. I have created measure, It seems to be not working properly

To Date - RN Costs =

VAR CurrentYear = year([Current Data Date])
VAR Dates = DATE(CurrentYear,04,01)
VAR HistoricTotal = CALCULATE([RN Costs],Dim_Date[Date] < Dates)
VAR CurrentYearTotal = CALCULATE([RN Costs],Dim_Date[Date] = Dates)
VAR CurrentMonthNo = CALCULATE(max(Dim_Date[Fiscal Month No]),Dim_Date[Date] ==SELECTEDVALUE(Dim_Date[End of Month]))
VAR CurrentYearToDateTotal = (DIVIDE(CurrentYearTotal,12)) * CurrentMonthNo

RETURN  IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Dim_Lots[Lot]) <= 4 || SELECTEDVALUE(Dim_Lots[Lot]) = 8 ,HistoricTotal + CurrentYearToDateTotal,CALCULATE([RN Costs],ALL(Dim_Date[End of Month]),ALL(Dim_Date[Default To Date])))

I want to dynamically select end of month where it can show cumulative totals upto that specific month

Can someone help please
11 REPLIES 11
poornadeepthi
Regular Visitor

The value should be around 83M, but when I used the measure, it came around 102M. Is it because, I have FY should start from 01/04/ and end with 31/03? and please could you suggest on how could I map this measure to dates comparing from Date tables instead of using from RN table and also LOts come from LOT table not from RN table please?

poornadeepthi_1-1713523132494.png

I have used the below measure

_Measurecheck =
VAR _a = SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[end of month])
VAR _b = CALCULATE([Transformation Benefits Total],YEAR('Fact_Sch22_MoD Forecast NB'[Date]) < YEAR(_a))
VAR _c = DIVIDE(CALCULATE([Transformation Benefits Total],YEAR('Fact_Sch22_MoD Forecast NB'[Date]) = YEAR(_a)),12) *  MONTH(_a)
RETURN
 IF(ISBLANK(_a),[Transformation Benefits Total],_b + _c )

Transformation Benefits Total = sumx(VALUES(Dim_Lots[Lot]),[Transformation Benefits])

Instead of YEAR('Fact_Sch22_MoD Forecast NB'[Date]), can I use 
Dim_Date[Date]?

Dim_Date  measure 
Dim_Date = var FullCalendar = ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR([Start Date],[End Date]),"Month No",MONTH([Date]),"Year",YEAR([Date]),"MMM-YYYY", FORMAT([Date],"MMM-YYYY"))
    return
SUMMARIZE(FullCalendar,[Date], [Month No],[Year],[MMM-YYYY])

Hi @poornadeepthi ,

Can you share your .pbix file?

poornadeepthi
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-zhouwen-msft ,

The data is for whole year. So to get the data the data in moths, I am just doing (total/12) for that year. So if I pick 31/03/2024, I would like to see sum(historic value)+(current year total/12)*max(Selected month)

Hi @poornadeepthi ,

The Table data is shown below:

vzhouwenmsft_0-1713520167788.png

Please follow these steps:
1. Use the following DAX expression to create a table

Table 2 = SUMMARIZE(ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(DATE(2021,1,1),DATE(2028,12,31)),"end of month",EOMONTH([Date],0)),[end of month])

vzhouwenmsft_1-1713520208561.png

2.Use the following DAX expression to create a measure

Measure = 
VAR _a = SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[end of month])
VAR _b = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[RN Cost]),YEAR('Table'[Date]) < YEAR(_a))
VAR _c = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[RN Cost]),YEAR('Table'[Date]) = YEAR(_a)),12) *  MONTH(_a)
RETURN
 IF(ISBLANK(_a),SUM('Table'[RN Cost]),_b + _c )

3.Final output

vzhouwenmsft_2-1713520265354.png

vzhouwenmsft_3-1713520275593.png

vzhouwenmsft_4-1713520299638.png

vzhouwenmsft_5-1713520312785.png

vzhouwenmsft_6-1713520322917.pngvzhouwenmsft_7-1713520356878.png

vzhouwenmsft_8-1713520374030.png

Best Regards,
Wenbin Zhou
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @poornadeepthi , 

Regarding your question, please provide brief data and show the expected results in the form of pictures.

Hi,

I have below matrix in powerbi, which have multiple measures which has to show cumulative sums by LOT title. I have filter which shows end of months where user can pick any month and they can see cumulative totals upto that month. 

The thing is, I have data in years not in months/dates. 

poornadeepthi_1-1713515103814.png

Data

poornadeepthi_2-1713515342029.png

I have date calendar as well

Dim_Date = var FullCalendar = ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR([Start Date],[End Date]),"Month No",MONTH([Date]),"Year",YEAR([Date]),"MMM-YYYY", FORMAT([Date],"MMM-YYYY"))
    return
SUMMARIZE(FullCalendar,[Date], [Month No],[Year],[MMM-YYYY])

Hi @poornadeepthi ,

I'd like to know if this is already the value for the whole year 2021 or just for this one month.

vzhouwenmsft_0-1713517511240.png

If it's a full year, then the time span of your data is years and the time span of the filter is months.

vzhouwenmsft_1-1713517654467.png

Hi @v-zhouwen-msft ,

Hi @v-zhouwen-msft 

The data is for whole year. So to get the data the data in moths, I am just doing (total/12) for that year. So if I pick 31/03/2024, I would like to see sum(historic value)+(current year total/12)*max(Selected month)

Hi @v-zhouwen-msft ,

Thanks for the quick response. But its not working in my dashboard. Lots and Dates should come from different tables as I need to sum up different values to get cumulatives for other measures. I need those values should come from different tables where I can use it for different measures and tables. I have added my sample data. Please see, when I click default, it has to show the cumulatives upto the previous months. Thanks

Hi @v-zhouwen-msft , Thanks for the measure. Its working. But the issue is,as the values in Financial years.01/04/2021 to 31/03/2022. It is summing up values in calendar year instead of financial year. Could you please suggest how to get the measure work in FY.

As you can see below, £83,539577 should come by 31/03/2024. But it is showing by 31/01/2024

poornadeepthi_0-1713533550092.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.