Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leandro_41
Regular Visitor

Creating an S curve from spreadsheet consolidation

Hey, guys
I have a dataset that is a consolidation of 35 spreadsheets with their respective information.

Each worksheet has the same column structure but with information from a specific “Store”, therefore, it has a specific number of rows.

I want to create an S-curve for each of these stores, taking into account the percentage each store represents of the total and the percentage each store sold in a given time period.

I was able to make the curve, but the value is breaking down by region for example:
The south regional is 10% of the country's total and the stores of this regional 10% of the country.

I wanted the total percentage of the store, which is my smallest granularity, to be 100% and the percentage of the largest granularity to be 100% as well.

I created a calculated, to begin, column to count all the rows in the table and divide by the store but it didn't work.
QtdeTeste =
var vTotal = COUNTROWS('Manutenção_GISTM')
var vEstrutura = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Manutenção_GISTM'[Loja]))
return
--vTotal
divide(vEstrutura,vTotal,0)

this would be the starting point for calculating
1. The percentage of each store;
2. the percentage of the total would be a measure
Can anyone give me an idea how to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mahesh0016
Super User
Super User

@leandro_41  I hope this helps you. Thank You.
 Here's how you can proceed:

1. **Calculate Store Percentage:**
Create a calculated column or measure in your data model to calculate the percentage of each store's sales contribution to the total sales. This can be done using the formula you provided:

```DAX
Store Percentage =
DIVIDE(
SUM('Manutenção_GISTM'[Sales]),
CALCULATE(SUM('Manutenção_GISTM'[Sales]), ALL('Manutenção_GISTM'))
)
```

This measure calculates the store's sales as a percentage of the total sales across all stores.

2. **Calculate Region Percentage:**
If your data includes information about the region each store belongs to, you can create a calculated column or measure to calculate the region's sales contribution to the total. Assuming you have a column called "Region" in your data, you can create a measure like this:

```DAX
Region Percentage =
DIVIDE(
CALCULATE(SUM('Manutenção_GISTM'[Sales]), ALL('Manutenção_GISTM'[Region]))
)
```

This measure calculates the region's sales as a percentage of the total sales within its own region.

3. **Create S-Curves:**
Now, you can use a visualization tool (such as Power BI) to create your S-curves. Place the "Store Percentage" on the Y-axis and "Region Percentage" on the X-axis. Each point on the curve will represent a store, and the curve will represent the distribution of sales across both stores and regions.

4. **Ensure Correct Scaling:**
To ensure that the curve's scaling is correct (i.e., both the store percentage and region percentage sum up to 100%), you might need to adjust the visualization settings. In Power BI, you can set the axis scales to start from 0% and end at 100% for both the X and Y axes.

By using the calculated columns or measures for store and region percentages, and by adjusting your visualization settings, you should be able to create S-curves that accurately represent the distribution of sales across stores and regions while maintaining the correct scaling. Keep in mind that the provided DAX formulas are just examples, and you may need to adjust them based on your actual data model and structure.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
leandro41

Thks for return!! 

Mahesh0016
Super User
Super User

@leandro_41  I hope this helps you. Thank You.
 Here's how you can proceed:

1. **Calculate Store Percentage:**
Create a calculated column or measure in your data model to calculate the percentage of each store's sales contribution to the total sales. This can be done using the formula you provided:

```DAX
Store Percentage =
DIVIDE(
CALCULATE(SUM('Manutenção_GISTM'[Sales]), ALL('Manutenção_GISTM'))
)
```

This measure calculates the store's sales as a percentage of the total sales across all stores.

2. **Calculate Region Percentage:**
If your data includes information about the region each store belongs to, you can create a calculated column or measure to calculate the region's sales contribution to the total. Assuming you have a column called "Region" in your data, you can create a measure like this:

```DAX
Region Percentage =
DIVIDE(
CALCULATE(SUM('Manutenção_GISTM'[Sales]), ALL('Manutenção_GISTM'[Region]))
)
```

This measure calculates the region's sales as a percentage of the total sales within its own region.

3. **Create S-Curves:**
Now, you can use a visualization tool (such as Power BI) to create your S-curves. Place the "Store Percentage" on the Y-axis and "Region Percentage" on the X-axis. Each point on the curve will represent a store, and the curve will represent the distribution of sales across both stores and regions.

4. **Ensure Correct Scaling:**
To ensure that the curve's scaling is correct (i.e., both the store percentage and region percentage sum up to 100%), you might need to adjust the visualization settings. In Power BI, you can set the axis scales to start from 0% and end at 100% for both the X and Y axes.

By using the calculated columns or measures for store and region percentages, and by adjusting your visualization settings, you should be able to create S-curves that accurately represent the distribution of sales across stores and regions while maintaining the correct scaling. Keep in mind that the provided DAX formulas are just examples, and you may need to adjust them based on your actual data model and structure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.