Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Measurement between fixed Date and calculated Date

'm interested in creating a report comparing a before and after of two equivalent time periods.

The after period is looking at the days from a fixed date (1/10/20) to the most recent case in the tbl_Data table (in this case it is 92 days).

The before period would subtract the calculated 92 days from the fixed date (1/10/20).

I was able to get the days between part fairly easily using the following:

Days_Between = calculate( countrows(date_table), DATESBETWEEN( date_table[Date_field].[Date], date(2020,10,01), MAX(tbl_Data[Date Received]) ))

However I'm at odds on how to subtract this from the fixed date to get a date range I can filter on easily.

Any pointers/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can create measure like this and try

Rolling -92 = CALCULATE(countrows(date_table),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],date(2020,10,01),-92,Day))

Rolling 92 = CALCULATE(countrows(date_table),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],date(2020,10,01),92,Day))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I would like to avoid entering the exact day as this will change when i refresh my data source. Using my measurement in lieu of the '92' in your formula seemed to work. Thanks very much 🙂

wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

datesinperiod(date_table[Date_field].[Date],date(2020,10,1),-92,DAY)

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can create measure like this and try

Rolling -92 = CALCULATE(countrows(date_table),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],date(2020,10,01),-92,Day))

Rolling 92 = CALCULATE(countrows(date_table),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],date(2020,10,01),92,Day))

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors