Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jack_Reacher
Helper II
Helper II

Creating DAX rules to display received and sent dates based on one date column

Hello Folks, 

I really need your help to solve this problem that I have. I have the following sample data related to tickets treated during week number 15 of the month of April 2023, I would like to display the received and sent dates based on the Date of Action column (and only display the dates related to week number 15 of April, I have created a relationship btw between the date table and Date of Action column, but some outputs are still not correct), then calculate the time difference between the two (if the result is zero then it is understood that the ticket treatment was achieved in less than a day). 

I have implemented the following DAX calculations (thanks to user @P_d2023 ) to get the results I have shown in the Power canvas belo

PERSON_TIMELINE = RANKX(FILTER(WEEKLY_IDs, WEEKLY_IDs[Ticket_Nb] = EARLIER(WEEKLY_IDs[Ticket_Nb]) && WEEKLY_IDs[Sender_Name] = EARLIER(WEEKLY_IDs[Sender_Name])), WEEKLY_IDs[Date_of_Action], , ASC, Dense)

TICKET_TIMELINE = RANKX(FILTER(WEEKLY_IDs, WEEKLY_IDs[Ticket_Nb] = EARLIER(WEEKLY_IDs[Ticket_Nb])),WEEKLY_IDs[Date_of_Action], , ASC, Dense)

From the above calculations, I created the three columns shown in the Power BI report below:

RECEIVED_DATE = CALCULATE(MIN(WEEKLY_IDs[Date_of_Action]), ALLEXCEPT(WEEKLY_IDs, WEEKLY_IDs[Ticket_Nb]), WEEKLY_IDs[TICKET_TIMELINE]=WEEKLY_IDs[PERSON_TIMELINE]) 

REPLY_DATE =

IF(

ISBLANK(CALCULATE(MIN(WEEKLY_IDs[Date_of_Action]), ALLEXCEPT(WEEKLY_IDs, WEEKLY_IDs[Ticket_Nb]), WEEKLY_IDs[TICKET_TIMELINE] > WEEKLY_IDs[PERSON_TIMELINE])),

WEEKLY_IDs[RECEIVED_DATE],

CALCULATE(MIN(WEEKLY_IDs[Date_of_Action]), ALLEXCEPT(WEEKLY_IDs, WEEKLY_IDs[Ticket_Nb]), WEEKLY_IDs[TICKET_TIMELINE] > WEEKLY_IDs[PERSON_TIMELINE])

)

Treatment Duration = if(INT([REPLY_DATE])-INT([RECEIVED_DATE]) <= 0,0,

INT([REPLY_DATE]) - INT([RECEIVED_DATE]))

Jack_Reacher_0-1681901726783.png

Jack_Reacher_1-1681902770023.png

1 REPLY 1
P_d2023
Regular Visitor

hi jack,

this is because you are filtering to the person which is in effect is filtering the lines and stopping the calculation working. this calculation will only work if the ticket nb is summed. this would still work if you filtered to a certain week.

this is difficult as you dont have a column which states request or response so this can only be calcuated at ticket level.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors