Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dajopa
Frequent Visitor

Count values above threshold in a matrix table

Hello,

I appreciate if you can help me with the below. I have 4 cities and 4 stores and want to build a 4x4 performance matrix and count  values above 90%. The counting should be both in columns and rows as shown in below snapshot. City 1 has only one store (#2) above 90%, while Store 1 has two cities above 90% (#2, #4). Important also that the matrix works with the four filters.

Both the attached dataset and matrix table are made up numbers and don't match. I posted just first 6 rows of the data, because the full dataset exceeds the 20K allowed characters. I will try to post again in a new thread coming soon. I hope it works, if not, please see if you can help with the below.

I googled and watched youtube videos and it seems I should use summarize, summarizecolumns, addcolumns, etc, but I havent been successful in my attempts for many days already.

Expected result.PNG

Thank you for your time.

GEOStoreQuarterYearCategoryTargetRevenue
City 1Store 1Q12022Actuals40.319.7
City 1Store 1Q12022Best Case40.319.7
City 1Store 1Q12022Commit40.319.7
City 1Store 1Q12023Actuals54.060.1
City 1Store 1Q12023Best Case54.060.1
City 1Store 1Q12023Commit54.060.1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Dajopa 
Please try

Above 90% =
VAR T1 =
    SUMMARIZE ( 'Table', 'Table'[GEO], "@Percentage", [Percentage Measure] )
VAR T2 =
    SUMMARIZE ( 'Table', 'Table'[Store], "@Percentage", [Percentage Measure] )
RETURN
    SWITCH (
        TRUE (),
        HASONEVALUE ( 'Table'[GEO] ) && HASONEVALUE ( 'Table'[Store] ), [Percentage Measure],
        HASONEVALUE ( 'Table'[Store] ), COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( T1, [@Percentage] > 0.9 ) ),
        COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( T2, [@Percentage] > 0.9 ) )
    )

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dajopa 
Place the following measure in the values of the matrix instead of the current one.

Above 90% =
VAR T =
    SUMMARIZE (
        'Table',
        'Table'[GEO],
        'Table'[Store],
        "@Percentage", [Percentage Measure]
    )
RETURN
    IF (
        COUNTROWS ( T ) = 1,
        [Percentage Measure],
        COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( T, [@Percentage] > 0.9 ) )
    )

@tamerj1, this is brilliant, it works! Thank you so much for the solution and swift reply. I will definitely accept it as solution. Just one improvement: the total comes as sum of each city counting. Is it possible to count the total figures independently?

@Dajopa 

I'm not sure what exactly do you mean but I'm sure it can be done. So would you please clarify with a screenshot that includes some markups?

tamerj1, thank you for still being around.

Ideally, row "Total" should be 1 as only store 1 is above 90. The solution provided is generating 5 (the sum of above 90s in all cities). Hope that clarifies. 

Dajopa_0-1684481510497.png

@Dajopa 
Please try

Above 90% =
VAR T1 =
    SUMMARIZE ( 'Table', 'Table'[GEO], "@Percentage", [Percentage Measure] )
VAR T2 =
    SUMMARIZE ( 'Table', 'Table'[Store], "@Percentage", [Percentage Measure] )
RETURN
    SWITCH (
        TRUE (),
        HASONEVALUE ( 'Table'[GEO] ) && HASONEVALUE ( 'Table'[Store] ), [Percentage Measure],
        HASONEVALUE ( 'Table'[Store] ), COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( T1, [@Percentage] > 0.9 ) ),
        COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( T2, [@Percentage] > 0.9 ) )
    )

@tamerj1 , the formula works except that it's extremely slow to load. It takes around 1min to load/respond when a filter is changed (from Q1 to Q2, for instance). I was trying to find alternatives, but without success. 

Can you please help once more? Thank you in advance. 

This works like a charm! Fantastic! Thanks a million @tamerj1

Dajopa
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, I am not able to post the entire dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.