Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Count non numerical values and show percentage increase based on date filter

Hi Power BI Ninjas,

I'm fairly new to this but have worked with Excel for a long time so I have some transportable knowledge but some not.

So here goes. 

My problem: I have test results that come in as either 'positive' or 'negative' into a column each day as tests are recorded.

And I want to show the percentage increase/decrease in the positive results based on my filtered date view.

So the way I see it there are two "formulas" needed here; the first would calculate the number of positive results as a percentage of the total tests taken on a specific day that is selected from a day filter. 

And the second would compare that percentage to the previous day's percentage result and show whether there has been an increase or decrease.

Once I understand the string I'm sure I will be able to figure out how to build this out further into "this week vs last week/month/year etc". But my Excel formula skills are failing me right now in getting even the first part to work in Power BI let alone get the whole thing working.

Anyone who can help will be showered with vast quantities of praise and a significant amount of unnecessary emoji faces in thanks.
Just trying to say there's something in it for both of us hahaha. ฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ

Thanks in advance Ninja's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the solution for days. If you want to implement this for weeks, months... and other periods of time, you'll need to put in quite a bit of effort and make use of the ISINSCOPE function.

Please find a file attached.

Best

D

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the solution for days. If you want to implement this for weeks, months... and other periods of time, you'll need to put in quite a bit of effort and make use of the ISINSCOPE function.

Please find a file attached.

Best

D

Anonymous
Not applicable

ERMAHGERD!!! This is amazing Darlove thank you so much. 

I was just looking for some pointers on how I could do this for myself and then you swooped in like some kind of superhero from another planet and provided a fully-fledged solution ready for download.

Thank you so much this community is simply amazing. Now, I belive there was a promise of muchos emojis. So, gird your loins.......

😁😁😀😃😄🥰🥰😘😍😘😗😗🤩🤩🤩🤩🤗🤗🤗😚😙😮🤑😲🤯🤯🧐🤭🤜🤛🤟👌🙌👏👍👍🤘🤘🤙

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors