Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

luzrueda
Frequent Visitor

Controlling the steps achieved on a process for a particular request

Hello,

I have a 4 step process for different requests (a and b in the table). The process should be completed in the order from 1 to 4. That means that to complete 3 I need to complete 2 before. The last step with no completion date should be the active step. The problem is that I am missing dates in between. For example, for request (a) I don't have the date when step 2 was completed and therefore it appears to be active, but I can see when step 3 was completed. In that case I want to get a state where if the last step (step 4) is active, all other steps appear as completed. But if that step is not active everything should keep the status (completed - if there is a date, Active - if the previous date is available, and waiting if the previous date is not available. 

I have tried the following formula:

IF(AND(Table[Processstep]="4",table[Fortschritt]="active"), "Active", IF(Table[Processstep]<>"4","completed",table[status])

However that formula, wil work for request a, but not for request b. I will be very thankful if you can give me an idea on how to solve that.

RequestProcess stepDate CompletedStatusWanted Status
a110.05.2022CompletedCompleted
a2 ActiveCompleted
a323.06.2022CompletedCompleted
a4 ActiveActive
b110.10.2022CompletedCompleted
b2 ActiveActive
b3 Waiting Waiting 
b4 Waiting Waiting 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@luzrueda , Try a new column

New column =
var _max = maxx(filter(Table, [Request] = earlier([Request]) && [Status] = "Completed"), [Process step])+0
return
if([Process step] <=_max, "Completed", [Process step])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@luzrueda , Try a new column

New column =
var _max = maxx(filter(Table, [Request] = earlier([Request]) && [Status] = "Completed"), [Process step])+0
return
if([Process step] <=_max, "Completed", [Process step])

Thank you so much @amitchandak that was a great solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors