Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

saurabhpore
Frequent Visitor

Constant value for denominator using measure

Hello All,

I am working with data set where I have youth_ID, start_date, end_date, region (table with duplicate youth_id). I have sliclers for start_date, end_date, region. Now, I want to create card where if user select a particular region for particular date range the card should display percent of youth in that region based on the total count of that time range.

eg. I have total 1035 unique youth's in dataset. If I select particular date range for a region deominator should remain constant (eg. theer are 25 unique youth's after Jan 1, 2021) and numberator will change as per the selections.

I calutated numerator and denominator using below formula:

numCALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('part-2_YA_engagement'[youth_id]))

denCALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('part-2_YA_engagement'[youth_id]),ALL('part-2_YA_engagement'[region]))

per = num/den

I above approch my denominator changes as I select different regions.

Please advice on how Can I do this calculations.

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@saurabhpore , Try like

numCALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('part-2_YA_engagement'[youth_id]))

denCALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('part-2_YA_engagement'[youth_id]),ALL('part-2_YA_engagement'))

per = num/den

hello,

I tried that approach but it gives me total unique youths rather than unique  youth count for selected slicers. 

@saurabhpore ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. with couple of use case

@amitchandak please let me know if you find any solution. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.