Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

owenv
Frequent Visitor

Compare this year to last year but only up to equivalent date to today

I've got two measures that count unique ID's. One for last year and one for this year look like this:

YTD = TOTALYTD(COUNTA('Alerts (API)'[uid]), 'Alerts (API)'[date].[Date])
YTD last year = TOTALYTD(COUNTA('Alerts (API)'[uid]), SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Alerts (API)'[date].[Date]))

These both give the correct values.
However, the version for last year shows all future dates when visualised. For example, when I show the data in a KPI, the target value displays the sum for the whole of last year. What I want is the sum up to today's equivalent date for last year. I've tried filters for this but there's no way for me to filter dynamically. I don't want to have to come in every day and manually add a day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
owenv
Frequent Visitor

I fixed this using a calendar. I've been able to get by without one until now. Thanks for your input

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
owenv
Frequent Visitor

I fixed this using a calendar. I've been able to get by without one until now. Thanks for your input

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@owenv You may find this helpful - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/To-bleep-With-Time-Intelligence/ba-p/1260000

Also, see if my Time Intelligence the Hard Way provides a different way of accomplishing what you are going for.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Time-Intelligence-quot-The-Hard-Way-quot-TIT...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors