Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TylerVono
Helper III
Helper III

Column Comparison - Vlookup

I have two columns I need to compare, one column: 'MOM Stocking Report': Shows all stocked items & 'Demand Seg': Shows the complete list of purchased items.

I need to compare them against one another to know which ones are stocked and which are not.

As you can see the equation below, it appears to get me halfway there as the pie chart does capture the data, however I am not certain this is correct, Also when I click on the 'YES' stocked pie chart, the table shows nothing. Also, technically the 'Agreement Level' should be a 0 if 'Not Stocked' or come back with null.

My relationship cardinality is at Many to Many , it wont let me change- I have removed all duplicates from Power Query. So I am basically out of ideas:

TylerVono_0-1680922195340.png

My Stock or Not Equation:

Stocking Agreement? = if(isblank(countx(filter('MOM Stocking Report','MOM Stocking Report'[Item Number]='Demand Seg'[ITEM NUMBER]),'MOM Stocking Report'[Item Number])),"YES","NO")

TylerVono_2-1680922195707.png

2 REPLIES 2
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @TylerVono 
Please try

Stocking Agreement? =
IF (
    ISEMPTY (
        FILTER (
            RELATEDTABLE ( 'MOM Stocking Report' ),
            'MOM Stocking Report'[Item Number] = 'Demand Seg'[ITEM NUMBER]
        )
    ),
    "YES",
    "NO"
)

Hi There Tamerj1, I tried the equation and the same thing happens, the 'YES' result will not show up on the table, I dont think they're comparing against one another. See below, do you have any other ideas? I have a Many to Many cardinality for 'Item Number', it says there are duplicates but as you can see I removed them:

TylerVono_1-1680963478140.pngTylerVono_2-1680963503451.png

TylerVono_0-1680963049460.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors