Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

9kRPM

Calculating to specific decimal places without rounding

Hello Community Team,

I am having struggles with rounding the numbers. I don't want it to round after 2 decimals, but I am unsure of the dax grammar to make it so. Please find the snapshot. Unfortunately, explaining to the management team rounding issues, it still confuses them.

9kRPM_0-1697833215038.png

I would just like the Share Change= 0.9 - 1.0 = -0.1 (not the -0.2 shown from rounding).

My share formulas are:

Share Change = [Current Share] - [LY Share]

Current Share =
var Dollars = sum('Legacy YTD'[Current Dollars])
var ACV = CALCULATE(sum('Legacy YTD'[Current Dollars]), ALL('Legacy YTD'[Supplier]))

return
    DIVIDE(dollars*100,acv,0)

LY Share =
var Dollars = sum('Legacy YTD'[YA Dollars])
var ACV = CALCULATE(sum('Legacy YTD'[YA Dollars]), ALL('Legacy YTD'[Supplier]))

return
    DIVIDE(dollars*100,acv,0)

I have tried to search within here and it's not exactly working based on what I have seen for the solved solutions.

Thank you in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi @9kRPM 

If you would like the value of Share Change displayed in the visual to be equal to the difference between the displayed (i.e. rounded) values of Current Share and LY Share, I would suggest:

Share Change display =
ROUND ( [Current Share], 1 ) - ROUND ( [LY Share], 1 )

I would suggest just using this measure for display in visuals, but use the original Share Change in any calculations.

Does this work for you?

Regards

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
9kRPM

That worked perfectly Owen! You're awesome! Thank you. I didn't know you could use the round function in a simple calc like that.

OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi @9kRPM 

If you would like the value of Share Change displayed in the visual to be equal to the difference between the displayed (i.e. rounded) values of Current Share and LY Share, I would suggest:

Share Change display =
ROUND ( [Current Share], 1 ) - ROUND ( [LY Share], 1 )

I would suggest just using this measure for display in visuals, but use the original Share Change in any calculations.

Does this work for you?

Regards

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors