Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sasha92

Calculating a dynamic benchmark with multiple conditions

Hi all,

I am struggling with a problem and I hope you can help. 

My star schema looks like this: fact sales, dim product, dim country, dim store

I am trying to achieve the following (mind you I have a composite model in my report with 2 DQ connections and I cannot use PowerQuery)

I have a measure 'revenue'. Based on this measure I want to calculate a revenue share % for my products against the total revenue.
Like: 
product A 20%
product B 14%
product C 0.4%

This is achieved easily by a metric like: 
product revenue share %
VAR total_revenue_fixed = calculate([revenue], REMOVEFILTERS(dim_product[product_name])
VAR revenue_product = [revenue]
RETURN
DIVIDE(revenue_product, total_revenue_fixedl)

Now I want to add more complexity.
When selecting a store from a report slicer, I want to see the product revenue share % for similar stores (say store group). 
The problem is that I need an average of my original product revenue share % per store group to show up per store id (mapped to a certain store group). 

So I need an average measure of an existing measure in a new context, which is of course not possible in PBI. I need to make sure that my store slicer(s) do not affect my original 'product revenue share %' and its components (like total revenue). 

Sasha92_0-1670612611785.png

How can I achieve this? 

I hope it's clear what I am asking. 

Sasha92_1-1670612611461.png

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

I'm sorry I cannot provide any sample data. That's why I tried to describe my data model and tables completely. What is not clear? 

"a certain store group".

That is an attribute of a store, something like a 'store type group', it's used as a slicer to filter on similar stores.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors