Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

matout
Helper I
Helper I

Calculate dynamic field in a table

Hello,

I have data fed from an excel sheet of an investment portfolio, this table contains columns like (Investment, type, purpose, value..etc)

In the type column, I have 3 categories (Properties, Stocks, and cash).

What we want to achieve is to pull daily stock prices from the internet (which I managed to do that), then I have to calculate the networth by sum the values of properties, cash as well as the stock value (based on the current stock price)

I am still a begginer, and I have managed to pull the stock prices, however I am stuck in creating a table that have those nearly static values (properties and cash) as well as a field for those dynamic wealth (stocks) and display that using pie charts and stuff.

what should I do, please help

2 REPLIES 2
JW_van_Holst
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Given your description, it looks to me the best way to handle this is to create a calculated column in your portfolio table [enhanced price]. If the asset is Properties of Cash you us the prices from this table. If the asset is Stock you simply us FILTER to filter out the asset and the appropriate date.

This approach is limited. You don’t have a history of prices.

I am trying to do that, with no luck so far) and as you said, this approach is limited,

what I am trying to do is to create a calculation (through a measure) to calculate the stock price each day, and ingest that into the its field in the table, also with no luck so far.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors