Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Whitewater100
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Calculate First Day of Week

Hello Community:

I am trying to have a card showing "Report for Week Beginning". Normally it would be a Monday, unless a Holiday was on Monday, then this would show Tuesday's date. The issue I am having is the logic works for Monday & Tuesday but when Wednesday comes it falls part.

I have Relative Date Slicer set to "This Day".

In the end the report should show the Start of Week date staying constant on Monday or Tuesday(if Monday is a holiday) for the entire week until next week starts, and then repeats the same process. I will attach my file which has several attempts butit is not working as expected.

Any input is very much appreciated!

Thank you.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y4EtLgL1XrxSnn0145EYYPVGRs31_sw9/view?usp=sharing 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood your Dates1 table correctly, but please try the below measure, and put it into a card visualization.

New measure: =
VAR _weekstartdate =
    MINX ( FILTER ( Dates1, Dates1[Date] = TODAY () ), Dates1[FirstDateOfWeek] )
VAR _thisweektable =
    FILTER (
        Dates1,
        Dates1[FirstDateOfWeek] = _weekstartdate
            && Dates1[Holiday] <> 1
    )
RETURN
    MINX ( _thisweektable, Dates1[Date] )

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi Jihwan:

Thank you very much for working on this. I tried the solution but it shows today's date7-06. Since Monday was a holiday, the result would stay at 7-05(Tuesday) for this week. 

I found a solution like this:

Report Start Date =
var _selectedYear = SELECTEDVALUE(Dates1[year])
var _selectedWeek = SELECTEDVALUE(Dates1[Week No.])
var _startOfTheWeek =
CALCULATE(
FIRSTDATE(Dates1[Date]),
FILTER(ALL(Dates1),
Dates1[Week No.] = _selectedWeek && Dates1[year] = _selectedYear && Dates1[Flag] = "WeekStart")
)
return
_startOfTheWeek
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi amitchandak:

Thanks very much for replying. I checked out the articles and have a solution like this:

Report Start Date =
var _selectedYear = SELECTEDVALUE(Dates1[year])
var _selectedWeek = SELECTEDVALUE(Dates1[Week No.])
var _startOfTheWeek =
CALCULATE(
FIRSTDATE(Dates1[Date]),
FILTER(ALL(Dates1),
Dates1[Week No.] = _selectedWeek && Dates1[year] = _selectedYear && Dates1[Flag] = "WeekStart")
)
return
_startOfTheWeek

I appreciate the leads! Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.