Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate Distinct count based off a sum greater than a number

Hello

I have 2 tables a client table and a master table that are related. I want to calculate the number of clients thats $ is over 1M. I cant seem to get it, here are some example codes that dont work

CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('ClientTable'[ClientName]), MasterTable[$] > 1000000) This results in just the total number of clients in the data.

CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('ClientTable'[ClientName]), FILTER('MasterTable, CALCULATE(SUM('MASTERTABLE'[$]) >= 1000000))))

CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('ClientTable'[ClientName]), Filter(MasterTable, Calculate(sum(MasterTableJ[$]), allexcept(clienttable, masterclientname)) >= 1000000))

I even tried using a measure

IFMeasure = IF(SUM(MasterTable[$]) > 1000000, 1, 0)

Actual Measure = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('ClientTable'[ClientName]),FILTER('MasterTable', 'IFMeasure'[1M] = 1))

Anyone have any examples/solution to this?

2 REPLIES 2
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

All measures are in the attached pbix file.

Picture1.png

Clients count over 1600 : =
COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( Clients, [Sales :] > 1600 ) )

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

My $ and client are on two different tables. Also the table with the $ is based off individuals not clients. The tables are related. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors