Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andybamber
Helper III
Helper III

Calculate Change from Previous Week Not Working

Hello All,

I have a small issue with my report.

What i am trying to show is the change in headcount from previous week. i found this dax measure and it works when a user selects a specific date:

Change from Previous WK =

VAR lastWeekAmount =

CALCULATE (

DISTINCTCOUNT( SNAP_DWH_RES_RESOURCE[resource_key] ),

FILTER (

ALL ( DATE_DIMENSION ),

DATE_DIMENSION[Week of Year]

= MIN ( DATE_DIMENSION[Week of Year] ) - 1

)

)

RETURN

DISTINCTCOUNT( SNAP_DWH_RES_RESOURCE[resource_key] ) - lastWeekAmount

So if the user selects December 1 from the line chart the Headcount in the table changes to reflect correctly and the Change from Previous Week is calculated correctly... previous week was 763

pbi_chg.png

However, when no specific date is selected the table correctly shows the latest headcount of 767 but DOES NOT show the change from previous week which was 3 (if the user selects December 8 specifically it does work). I presume its because the measure cannot calculate as a specific date is not in focus... but i cant seem to overide...

pbi_no chg.png

So, how do i modify the measure (or even create another measure) which will correctly show latest headcount and change from previous week when a specific date isnt selected?

Thanks,

Andy

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

use HASONEVALUE() , HASONEFILTER() or some of the other checks to figure out if the user has made a selection. If not, precompute the result based on the max date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors