Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rashesh
Frequent Visitor

CALCULATE function with DATEBETWEEN function showing NULL values

Hi All,
I have three tables ("Date Table", "Inventory", and " sales" ). I want the last 30 days' sales of quantity for each item from the "current date"(This column in the "Inventory" table). I have tried but it showing blank.

Sales TableSales Table

Date TableDate TableInventory TableInventory Table                                                                   
   I have tried the below measures 

-30.png

MY OP:-
eOP.png

And please tell me why this is happening and what's the solution. 

Thank you!! @amitchandak @Ashish_Mathur @ValtteriN 

3 REPLIES 3
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Your question is not clear.  Share data in a format the can be pasted in an MS Excel file and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

1, you need to mark Calendar Table as Date Table

2, Create one-to-many relationship from Calendar to Inventory, and to Sales

3, try this measure

Last30Days=VAR _date=Max(Inventory[Current Date]) VAR _item=MAX(Inventory[Item_ID]) RETURN CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Quantity]),DATESINPERIOD(Calendar[Date],_date,-30,DAY),Sales[ItemID]=_item)

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for Ans but it is not working. and still getting the same error as before.
And for your second point I can not able to make the relationship between the calendar and inventory and when I try to it is creating inactive.

Re.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors