Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbrenneise
Frequent Visitor

Bar Chart Question

Hi folks,

I'm running into issues displaying a % calculation for categories displayed in a bar chart. I need to figure a way to get a bar chart in POwer BI to show the categories in the y-axis, the x-axis needs to be capped at 100% and then the calculation needs to show the specific % for each category sorted by the highest % (its not cumulative so it doesnt need to be a grand total or a stacked 100% chart). 

As an example, each category could be an exam and the % is the pass rate. How would I achieve that with the standard bar charts in Power BI? In my initial testing, simply putting the category column in the y-axis and the calculation in the x-axis results in each bar showing 100%.

Here's an example of what the calculation looks like in DAX:

Pass Rate = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Student ID], 'Table'[Pass or Failed] = "Pass") / COUNT('Table'[Student ID])

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
pbrenneise
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, I am not able to hence why I am asking the question as generally as possible. Thank you!

some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @pbrenneise I understand your "issue" is just" a % calculation for categories ", so calculation. please provide some sample data and expected output per category

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors