Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fvdyoshida
Frequent Visitor

Average calculation showing incorrect values

Hello everyone.

I  have a report that consolidates Metric information from several vendors. There is a common columns called Metric where I have all Metrics scores 

Metric_IDScoreUsers
Metric 170%

User1

Metric 260% 

User1

Metric 168%

User2

Metric 387%

User 1

in the report I added the collumn Score

so the idea was to see with no filter:

MetricScore 
Metric 169% 
Metric 260% 
Metric 387% 

and then if I filter by user to see the metri to that user

like:

USer 2  Score 68%. 
Before I set any filter using the slicer when I as supposed to see all metrics score averaged by Metric type i am geting completelly non sense scores.

in the table I added the Score column and set as "Average". Should I create something different to do all calculations?

thank you in advance

Fabio

3 REPLIES 3
fvdyoshida
Frequent Visitor

Hi Vahidm,

I am trully sorry I send a very example that does not represent my issue well. I will try to refrase the question .

I have in this example 3 tables from different metrics that I aggregate into one, since this one will be used into the report with all info, were I should be able to filter by country/user and see the metrics % and value for the filters or all data if no filter is selected.

the metrics are coming from different tables because:
1) they come from different vendors
2) they have different rational to calculate (the formas will vary )

The biggest problem is that once I place the data into a table visual the value and metric columns should show the results based on the metric criteria, average for MT-01 & MT-02 OR count for MT-03. However I can only set these fields on average or sum, so when I have average I got right results to averaged based metrics but wrong to count/sum metrics, and vice-versa.

i upload the test pbix file here for reference:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am4oytAhDwtXah2WbDEJhqgYMFo?e=66PHzM

thank you so much

Fabio

Fabio

Hi, @fvdyoshida 

The biggest problem is that once I place the data into a table visual the value and metric columns should show the results based on the metric criteria, average for MT-01 & MT-02 OR count for MT-03. However I can only set these fields on average or sum, so when I have average I got right results to averaged based metrics but wrong to count/sum metrics, and vice-versa.

Probably due to no relevant work experience, after reading the above posting many times, I still can't tell what you are looking for, how to understand the average of MT1 and MT2 or the count of MT3?
Could you please consider sharing more details about it and posting expected result so it is clear on what needs to be implemented? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @fvdyoshida 

Download and Check this file:

https://gofile.io/d/vFlye3

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudos!!
LinkedIn: 
www.linkedin.com/in/vahid-dm/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors