Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dancarr22
Helper V
Helper V

Apply ALL filter on a field - and then after that apply hard-coded filter on same field

Hello,

We have a table of tags which joins back to various tables. 

How would I rewrite the code below to apply ALL filter to OneData_Tags field TagType.  And then apply TagType = "Business Owner".  So, first need OneData_Tags table where we remove all filters on field TagType.  And then we apply a filter on that field where TagType="Business Owner".  

TagName_BusinessOwner_Grouped = CONCATENATEX(FILTER(OneData_Tags, OneData_Tags[TagType]="Business Owner"),OneData_Tags[TagName],", ")

Any help greatly appreciated,

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but please check the below.

TagName_BusinessOwner_Grouped =
CONCATENATEX (
    FILTER ( ALL ( OneData_Tags ), OneData_Tags[TagType] = "Business Owner" ),
    OneData_Tags[TagName],
    ", "
)

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

@Jihwan_Kim thanks for your response!  This is close to what we need - but not exactly correct.  Apologies for not initially explaining this clearly.   The required fix seems to be in the first function call - we don't want to remove filters for ALL fields - just remove the filter for field TagType.  Tried several variants of this including creating a table variable but none worked.  So, need to do this: (1) table OneData_Tags should return all fields with current filters applied EXCEPT for field TagType - remove all filters on that field - so no filters on field TagType.  (2) Apply filter TagType = 'Business Owner' (3) Return concatenated string of all TagNames.
Appreciate your help with this!  Dan

Tried this but didn't work.  Error was: A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected

TagName_BusinessOwner_Grouped = 
var tempTable = FILTER(OneData_Tags, ALL(OneData_Tags[TagType]))
return CONCATENATEX(FILTER(tempTable, OneData_Tags[TagType]="Business Owner"),OneData_Tags[TagName],", ")

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors