Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Simran-Fathima
Frequent Visitor

Aggregate daily sales data to monthly and each month data should be displayed in separate column

I have different products sold on every day. I want to know in a particular month how many pieces of a particular product were sold.

The data is :

SimranFathima_1-1657883903195.png

And the Output should be :

SimranFathima_2-1657883961778.png

I request for the response as soon as possible. Please anyone help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

Picture1.png

I created a calendar table with having month name column and month number column. This helps to create a monthly aggregated information.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

Picture1.png

I created a calendar table with having month name column and month number column. This helps to create a monthly aggregated information.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Yes this is what I required. But I dont want blank spaces for the month which dont have sales. Instead it should be filled with "0". Can u please help me out on how to do this?

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

Please try to write measure (explicit measure) like below and put it into the visualization.

Please check the below measure and the attached file.

No of sales measure: = 
SUM( Data[No of sales] ) + 0

Go to My LinkedIn Page

I'm not sure if I'm doing any mistake related to managing permissions. I'll send the screenshot of the relationships. Let me know where did i go wrong. 

I'm a beginner to power bi. So I seek for a help.

SimranFathima_1-1658145152833.png

Hi,

Please share your pbix file's link (onedrive or googledrive or dropbox...), and then I can try to have a look into it.

Thank you.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

I got the solution as expected. Thank you so much for your help

I have shared you the link of that pbix file Link. Hope a solution for my problem

https://my.shell.com/:u:/g/personal/simran_fathima_shell_com/EeJgI9NmQsZHqKLD2JB7iAcBm_3JCjWlmK7xPiO... 

Hi,

I do not have an access.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

I'm not aware of how to share pbix file directly here

Didnt get the desired output. the output i got:

SimranFathima_0-1658144581219.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Simran-Fathima , Create a date table and join with your date and Month year there

Try a measure like sum(Table[No of sales]) +0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.