Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

thangvc91
Frequent Visitor

Aggr function with column return from temp table

Dear all, 

I'm a newbie in DAX, in my lab I try to use SUMX function to sum all premium fee group by industry. 

My DAX function is below: 

EVALUATE
	var temp = 
	FILTER(
		SUMMARIZE(
			Premium_table,
			Premium_table[Industry],
			Premium_table[SUM PREMIUM]
			),

[SUM PREMIUM] > 10000)

RETURN 
		ADDCOLUMNS( 
			temp, 
			"sum_groupby_Industry" , SUMX(temp, temp[SUM PREMIUM])

)

Tried with DAX studio, it failed with log "Query (15, 40) Cannot find table 'temp' , I think I have defined temp table in above already , could you please assist on my issue ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

In my opinion, the below part was the cause, so I changed to the original table name. 

temp is a virtual table that is created inside the formula, but when creating it, it used the original column name ( Premium_table[SUM PREMIUM] ) in SUMMARIZE function.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1684124628851.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but please try the below whether it provides the desired result.

new addco table =
VAR temp =
    FILTER (
        SUMMARIZE ( Premium_table, Premium_table[Industry], Premium_table[SUM PREMIUM] ),
        [SUM PREMIUM] > 10000
    )
RETURN
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        temp,
        "sum_groupby_Industry", SUMX ( temp, Premium_table[SUM PREMIUM] )
    )

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

hi @Jihwan_Kim , 

It work, however I'm curious why my code didn't work ? temp table was defined already but dax still said "Cannot find table 'temp'" 

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

In my opinion, the below part was the cause, so I changed to the original table name. 

temp is a virtual table that is created inside the formula, but when creating it, it used the original column name ( Premium_table[SUM PREMIUM] ) in SUMMARIZE function.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1684124628851.png

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors