Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ChrisLoan
Helper I
Helper I

Adding custom data into existing dataset to track numbers

Hey Everyone!

I have a question that I can't really solve myself  🙄

Before I ask what I need, I'll give you an idea of the data.

We're dealing with a Fact Table Invoices, Dim Calendar and Dim Recruiters, and the Fact Invoices table has a many to one relationships to the Dim tables:

ChrisLoan_1-1666083953106.png

That way in Power BI I can make a table showing the recruiters and their revenue numbers by month etc.

But what I would like to do though is add a growth track (junior recruiter or senior recruiter) to the numbers of the recruiters, so that I can quickly compare if that recruiter is doing a good job. Here are the growth tracks (NOTE: this data is not yet included into the existing dataset!) :

ChrisLoan_2-1666083953373.png

How do I get a growth track like that in my already existing dataset, keeping in mind that the growth tracks obviously dynamically move with the Recruiters start date? Meaning ofcourse that if a junior recruiter starts in april, the growth tracks starts at 0 in april all the way to 11000 in april the next year!

So the result should like something like this in a Power BI Column:

ChrisLoan_4-1666083953106.png

Or using a line chart in Power BI using the growth track along with the actual revenue numbers would be pretty nice.

I'm not sure how to handle this one and I would really appreciate any kind of help! If my question or certain details aren't clear let me know!

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ChrisLoan 

I failed to fully understand your problem. With the sample data you provided, what do you expect from the output?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

What I expect is this:

ChrisLoan_0-1666178148029.png

The stuff in the orange color (the growth track numbers) doesn't exist yet in my dataset. So the question is how do I get that in my dataset so it works dynamically with my revenue based on the recruiters start date?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors