Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gems
Frequent Visitor

Show a message when there's no data

Is it possible to show a 'warning message' when there is no data for a variable instead of showing an empty section?

For example, in the bottom there's a big white space. Instead, I need a warning message like: 'For the variable chosen in the slicer, ther's no data'. 

Gems_0-1671133948173.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gems
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @lbendlin , I've done some research and I find out that crating a Card and adding a measure on it was the easiest solution. Is imporant to adjust the transparency of the card to 100% in order to see the data when there are values to show. If this can help someone, this is the measure I used:

Measure = IF(ISBLANK(SUM('Variable')),"Message you want to display","")

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can use the visual title's fx function, or you can use smart narratives to display the appropriate text.

Gems
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @lbendlin , I've done some research and I find out that crating a Card and adding a measure on it was the easiest solution. Is imporant to adjust the transparency of the card to 100% in order to see the data when there are values to show. If this can help someone, this is the measure I used:

Measure = IF(ISBLANK(SUM('Variable')),"Message you want to display","")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.