Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shannnonpereira
Frequent Visitor

Reading Tenant ID inside a Custom Visual

Hello Everyone,

Can a Power BI Custom Visual be tenant-aware, i.e. read the tenant ID of the tenant inside which it resides?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @shannnonpereira,

No, the tenant ID is nt available to a custom visual, as this is data that it should not know about (and could be potentially abused by an author with bad intentions). The same would go for any personally identifiying information of the current user, such as their account ID or similar.

If this needs to be accessible, it will need to be supplied to the visual via the dataset or from a property that utilises conditional formatting, so the tenant ID Will need to exist in your data model in some form for a creator to be able to supply it to your visual.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @shannnonpereira,

No, the tenant ID is nt available to a custom visual, as this is data that it should not know about (and could be potentially abused by an author with bad intentions). The same would go for any personally identifiying information of the current user, such as their account ID or similar.

If this needs to be accessible, it will need to be supplied to the visual via the dataset or from a property that utilises conditional formatting, so the tenant ID Will need to exist in your data model in some form for a creator to be able to supply it to your visual.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Thank you Daniel!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.