Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nirajsevalkar51

How to filter data on basis of logged in user roles

Hi Experts,

We are going through one of the challange that, we have web application where we have called our power bi dasboard but we wanted to restrict the data on basis of logged in user's role from application.

How can we pass the session details to power bi service or logged in user's role to power bi and depdending on that we wanted to restrict the data or show which is in his/her scope.

Thank you in advance for advise and experties.

2 REPLIES 2
nirajsevalkar51

Thank you for your response but RSL and roles of my existing applications are not getting matched.
Ex.
If user A has role 'Student' from existing application and associated "school" for student is "xyz" then I need to filter slicer or show only that perticular school in drop down and drill the results for specifc filter.

please note to view the report I need to plot into existing web application as we do with SSRS reports.

Please let me know if you confused with my questions and thank you in advance for your response.

ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Have you already read about row level security and USERPRINCIPALNAME()?

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Pat

Microsoft Employee

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors