Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MrNeverland

Filter Columns (Text) by Slicer

Hey guys

I have a table with multiple categories and I need to filter them in the visual by slicer.

The table should be in one visual with all the data. And if a filter is selected it should filter the columns not the rows/values.

Filter Nutzung (filter rows): "Nutzung" that need to be filtered: easy with a typical slicer with the values from the original table.

Filter Gewerk (type of work) - Filter columns: there starts the problem there are multiple columns with the same type of work (red is one and green). The prefix to each name in each column is red = "Heizung" = "HEI". For green = "Kälte" = "KAE"

Filter Systeme - Filter columns: I assume this would be the same workflow as "Filter Gewerke".

I know there could be a workaround on this one and this is not the core of relational databases/modelling with primary keys.

I hope you know what my problem/goal is, otherwise let me know - thanks a lot in advance!

beste regards, MrNeverland

MrNeverland_0-1713194842080.png

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You already know where this is heading. Show your data model.

hey @lbendlin 
you mean something like this?
the problem is, we have in the same column header different primaryKeys that we'd like to filter. The main goal is one table in the visual, which is the cause of the problem. Otherwise I would do some calculated tables for each system or type of work with the use column as primaryKey. The column names won't change in the future.

hope this helps.

MrNeverland_1-1713334650077.png

Read about USERELATIONSHIP . Show your data model.

hey @lbendlin like my previous response (simple datamodel) the following are printscreens frin my model. Please clarify if this is not what you're looking for! thanks

MrNeverland_0-1713857289377.pngMrNeverland_1-1713857356675.png

As you mentioned further up you will need to spend time cleaning up and refactoring this data model. It might just be too complex for Power BI though. Consider using alternatives like Qlik, or breaking the business problem/data model into smaller pieces.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.