Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Swarzy26

Button to exclude or include a data column form a Graph

I have a graph in power bi showing different columns (sales qty, forecast qty, orders qty...). Is there a way to have a button (on/off) to show or hide a specific column like the one referring to the "forecast"?

1 REPLY 1
DarrenW
Frequent Visitor

One way might be to have the data for the chart stored in such a way that the data is 'unpivoted'.  In other words, you have the X axis in one column, the series name in the next and the values (y axis) in the third.  This way you can then have a slicer operating on column 2 and use it to control which series appear on the chart. 

If this isn't applicable, another way, and I'm not saying this is the best way to do this, but when I had a similar problem, I duplicated the chart on a new page and used bookmarks to swap between the two.  This might not be appropriate if the page has a lot of other things going on but you can copy visuals on to another page and allow them to synchronise with the originals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors