Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

piotr_pki

100% stacked column chart - labels issue

Hi all,
I hope maybe you will be able to help me. Looked for solution here but haven't found it.

The issue I have is that I am creating 100% stacked column chart, and had to add labels - unfortunately sometimes these categories in legend get just few % (less than 5% like orange one below in the middle) and these labels are not visible. Tried different ways to fix this: made this as large as possible (these Month x-axis category could have more so we would have more columns there), turned on overflow text for labels, but cannot force them to be visible for all values, even 0.1% - for stacked chart I don't see option to move labels outside of the bars which might do the trick.

piotr_pki_0-1713431878699.png
Have anyone had same issue or have an idea how to solve this? Here is the link to pbix with dummy data as I can't share real dataset for that. There same issue is shown as it does not display label for all the categories in legend
Appreciate any help 🙂

Thanks,
Piotr

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It is what it is - there's no space for the label.  Teach your users about hovering.

lbendlin_0-1713480275616.png

@lbendlin Thanks a lot for your reply!

Yeah so I think hovering is ok, I guess most users know that, it just does not look good in power point etc, where you capture an image. So we have to use workarounds and was thinking if there is more robust solution for that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.