Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vanessa
Post Patron
Post Patron

Attribute Slicer Values

I want to display a search box, which will filter a table visual based on a column value.

I have used an attribute slicer for this, but this slicer displays all the column values as a list below the search box. I don't want the list to be displayed. I just need the value to show up based on the text inputted into the search box or as a drop down list. Is this possible using attribute slicer?

3 REPLIES 3
wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@vanessa The only way to transform an attribute slicer to a drop down list is to shorten the height of the visual. The other complication with this particular visual is if the field you have put into the slicer is a long list, it might not pre-populate the visual with all the elements of that field.

@wonga

I tried shortening the height of the visual but that did not help.

Also, the field I am using in the slicer has few values, so that is fine.

Is there a way to only display the search box and not the list of values in that field?

Something like this:

search box.png

Currently the visual shows this:

search box2.png

I would like the values to show up based on the input in the text box.

Is there a way?

wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@vanessa

I just tried using the attribute slicer with your example. So a couple of updates...

It looks like the prepopulation has been added so that's good (at least for me, I had a column with a lot of elements and it wasn't able to search if something was way down the list).

I guess instead of shortening the height to just search bar, you might want to leave room for like one or two elements. Of course a drop down would be much more convenient, but you'll just have to work with what you've got so far...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors