In this support article, we cover the following topics:
To access the settings for the Private Messages & Macros on your community profile, you will need to:
1. Select the Preferences tab.
2. Click on the Private Messenger tab, which will show your Private Messenger Settings.
If you are not receiving private messages, make sure the box is checked to turn on your private messages.
Macros can be used to easily insert prewritten text that is frequently used (“boilerplate text”) into your messages. Having macros set up can save you a lot of time.
You should still be signed in and in your settings. Then click on the Macros tab:
3. Enter names and text for your other macros.
4. Click Save.
2. Click in the Subject or Body area where you want to paste the macro text.
3. Open the Macros menus and choose the macro you want. The text of your macro appears wherever your cursor is located.
You can also use macros in private messages just as you can when composing a post elsewhere in the community. Once you have defined a macro in your profile, you can select it from the drop-down list that appears at the top, right-hand side of the editor.