Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum cumulative measure at the top of the graph

Hello

Any reason why my question is shown in Spanish? unfortunately, I am not familiar with Spanish.

I need to display the sum total of a cumulative measure at the top of the graph. I am using Line and Stacked column chart and the running total is calculated by

Cumalative Cash Flows = CALCULATE (sum ('sample datatype' [Cash Flow]),
filter(
ALLSELECTED ('sample datatype'),
'sample datatype' [Financial Year] <= Max ('sample datatype' [Financial Year])
)
)

As shown above, the line values ​​are showing in the wrong place with the wrong values, how can I fix this?

Thank you

As shown above, the line values ​​are showing in the wrong place with the wrong values, how can I fix this?

I do not think a sample data is required, however, the below table shows a sample data

Thank you

Asset typeCash FlowFinancial Year
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hola @Sichanm

por favor, hágamelo saber si desea obtener por debajo de uno:

filter(
),VALUES('sample datatype'[Asset type])
)

7.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sichanm , no muy claro referirse si esto puede ayudar a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV6YRmLYd9s

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hola @Sichanm

por favor, hágamelo saber si desea obtener por debajo de uno:

filter(
),VALUES('sample datatype'[Asset type])
)

7.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-diye-msft 

Thanks alot, your answer was almost perfect:), could you please help me more.

So for the column, I use:

Col_Cumalative Cash Flow = CALCULATE (sum (Output_SSIS [Cash Flow]),filter(ALLSELECTED(Output_SSIS),Output_SSIS [Financial Year] <= Max (Output_SSIS [Financial Year])),VALUES('Output_SSIS'[Asset type]))

and for the line, I use:

LienValue_Cumalative Cash Flow = CALCULATE( sum(Output_SSIS[Cash Flow]),filter(ALLSELECTED(Output_SSIS),Output_SSIS[Financial Year]<=Max(Output_SSIS[Financial Year])))

Can you please explain why I needed two formulas, or what is the difference between these two?

and one last question, why in my actual dashboard (not the sample data) I do not see any dark blue for the last year (i.e. 2038).
I expect that the dark blue color carries over to that year too. In my data, the last year of the dark blue category is 2037 and I guess that is the reason it is blank in the chart but is there any way to fix it.

image.png

If I use Col_Cumalative Cash Flow for both of the line and column, it goes down at the end as shown below.

image.png

Hola @Sichanm

Puede poner estas 2 medidas en la tabla para ver la diferencia:

Para la medida de línea, es un acumulativo normal basado en el año, la columna de año es el único grupo ordenado. que el filtro funciona como allexcept(table,[year]), que iignore el afecto de otras columnas

8.PNG

Pero para la medida de columna, el grupo ordenado tiene tanto Year como Asset type.filter funciona como allexcept(table,[Year],[Asset type]), lo que significa que los valores también se verían afectados por el tipo Asset.

9.PNG

cuando los coloque en el gráfico de columnas apiladas y coloque el tipo de activo como leyenda. puede hacer clic en el tipo de activo para ver la influencia.

0.PNG

Para la última pregunta, si el azul oscuro es uno del tipo de activo, asegúrese de que hay valor en el tipo de activo correspondiente en 2038. si desea arreglarlo, por favor hágamelo saber sus resultados esperados.

quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft 

Perfect, thank you so much for the clear explanation, graphs, and formulas. The way that you explained the formulas with graphs/tables and the concept of allexcepct was amazing.  You have gone extra miles to help me understand how these formulas work. I really appreciate that and am so grateful. I am sure your answers will help others a lot too.

Have a wonderful day/weekend.

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks so much for your kind words! It's my pleasure to be of assistance. 🙂

quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-diye-msft 

Thanks, it produces the same result as we identified earlier and it works fine with the line graph.

Hola @Sichanm

Si se ha solucionado el problema actual, por favor marque la respuesta útil.

si no, por favor amablemente elaborar más. Me encantaría ser de ayuda.

quickly.
lkalawski
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hola @Sichanm

Por lo que puedo ver en la imagen, el gráfico de líneas es el mismo que el valor de la categoría azul.
¿Podría cargar un archivo de datos de ejemplo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , moved the question here:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Sum-cumulative-measure-at-the-top-of-the-graph/m-p/1323957#...

Now, Not sure how to delete the question in the Spanish forum!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors