Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

augustocrs
Frequent Visitor

"View in Full Screen" button instead of "Open in new window" when publishing to web

Hello!

I'm having an issue when publishing my BIs to the web.

When opening the BI using the URL directly on a browser tab it shows the "View in Full Screen" button at the bottom right corner of the page. 

However, when I use the generated URL to embed on a personalized website (which I tested on Google Sites and Wix), it shows the "Open in new tab" button. The problem is that I need my clients/users to have the "View in Full Screen" mode, instead of opening the BI in a new window.

I already tried to modify the embedded and direct links with allowFullScreen="true" , but it didn't solve the problem.

How can I solve this?

Here's some print screens with descriptions:

"View in Full Screen" button on Visualization on app.powerbi.com - OK"View in Full Screen" button on Visualization on app.powerbi.com - OK
"Full screen" button on the visualization on app.powerbi.com - OK

"View in Full Screen" button using the direct URL - OK"View in Full Screen" button using the direct URL - OK
"Full Screen" button with the direct URL on a browser tab - OK

"Open in New Tab" button, using the URL or the embedded link on a webpage (Such as Wix or Google Sites). This is where I need the "View In Full Screen"."Open in New Tab" button, using the URL or the embedded link on a webpage (Such as Wix or Google Sites). This is where I need the "View In Full Screen".
"Open in new window" button. This is a personalized webpage I created using Google Sites. This is where I need the "Full Screen" button, instead of opening the page in a new tab. The problem is the same when using the direct URL or the embedded link.

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @augustocrs 

As far as I know this is by design because publish to web is designed to be embedded into another application. You could make sure that the embedding is the same size as your iFrame?

Otherwise you can search and vote for the idea at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

"You could make sure that the embedding is the same size as your iFrame?"

Thank you for your reply. 🙂

Can you help me with: what is an iFrame and how do I check the sizes?

Same exact scenario here, have you found a workaround?

These guys back in 2017 were onto something but couldn't accomplish it in the end.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors