Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Schoolsupport
Frequent Visitor

other people can't open my report

Hey there Community,

I've made a report where people can find our products in a simple power bi report and it's working like a charm.

The problem is other people can't open it. They get the pop up saying they don't have access to the report.

I've tried some things trying to bypass this issue like just sharing the report with Power BI or setting it in Microsoft Teams.

i've got a Power BI pro license if that is needed to be known.

And finally the report needs to be seen by at least 20+ people so something like teams would seem ideal since they can just open it when they join the group.

Hope someone could help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schoolsupport 

Sharing is Pro feature. This means that the publisher and every consumer needs Power BI Pro license (except for Power BI Premium, when only the publisher needs to be licensed).

You have these options to share the report with non-licensed users:

• Buy Premium
  • Deploy the reports to Power BI Reporting Server on-premise or use other reporting engine (e.g. SSRS)
  • Send them the .pbix files directly (e.g. by e-mail)
  • Export the report to file (e.g. PowerPoint) and share it
  • Use Publish to web - keep in mind that this makes them public and anyone with this link can see them (also there are some limitations, e.g. you can't do this for reports with RLS)
  • Embed within your application using app owns data scenario (see: Embed Power BI content into an application for your customers)
  • And of course, buy Power BI Pro licenses for your colleagues 🙂

Appreciate your kudos if you find this informative. Mark my post as accepted if it helps you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schoolsupport 

You need a Power BI Pro license to share your content. The people you share it with do too, or the content needs to be in a workspace in a Premium capacity.

Do all the users who wants to access have pro license, if not they won't be. So you have to publish it in premium capacity workspace so that everyone can access it.

Appreciate your kudos!! Mark this post as accepted if it helps.

hey @Anonymous.

Thanks for responding!

It seems i can't, because that function is disabled for me.

Do you need a premium subscription for that?

Also they do not have a Pro subscription.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schoolsupport 

Sharing is Pro feature. This means that the publisher and every consumer needs Power BI Pro license (except for Power BI Premium, when only the publisher needs to be licensed).

You have these options to share the report with non-licensed users:

• Buy Premium
  • Deploy the reports to Power BI Reporting Server on-premise or use other reporting engine (e.g. SSRS)
  • Send them the .pbix files directly (e.g. by e-mail)
  • Export the report to file (e.g. PowerPoint) and share it
  • Use Publish to web - keep in mind that this makes them public and anyone with this link can see them (also there are some limitations, e.g. you can't do this for reports with RLS)
  • Embed within your application using app owns data scenario (see: Embed Power BI content into an application for your customers)
  • And of course, buy Power BI Pro licenses for your colleagues 🙂

Appreciate your kudos if you find this informative. Mark my post as accepted if it helps you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors