Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

chriswalz
Regular Visitor

custom R visual runtime error (access denied to local url)

Hi,

I have created a custom Power BI visual using this http://radacad.com/interactive-map-using-r-and-power-bi-create-custom-visual-part-1 tutorial. I'm using Plotly to create a interactive chart in this visual.

I can use this custom visual without any problems in power BI desktop, but when I publish it to powerbi.com, I receive the following error "script runtime error":

Error in shell.exec(url) : access to 'C:\Users\Client\Temp\RtmpOsE2VBviewhtml1c717b3ce9/index.html' denied

Does anybody have an idea what's causing this error?

The following R code has been used to create the visual:

source('./r_files/flatten_HTML.r')

############### Library Declarations ###############library(ggplot2)library(plotly)library(lubridate)
####################################################

################### Actual code ####################x <- data.frame(as.POSIXct(substr(Values$SendLocalTime,0,19),format = "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S"), as.numeric(as.character(sub(",", ".", Values$AvgBeltTemperature, fixed = TRUE))))colnames(x) <- c("Date", "Value")x <- data.frame(as.POSIXct(substr(Values$SendLocalTime,0,19),format = "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S"), 
                as.numeric(as.character(sub(",", ".", Values$AvgBeltTemperature, fixed = TRUE))),                as.numeric(as.character(sub(",", ".", Values$MinBeltTemperature, fixed = TRUE))),                as.numeric(as.character(sub(",", ".", Values$MaxBeltTemperature, fixed = TRUE))))colnames(x) <- c("Date", "Average","Minimum", "Maximum")

#Labels for axisf <- list(  family = "Arial, monospace",  size = 16,  color = "#7f7f7f"
)label_x <- list(  title = "Date",  titlefont = f)label_y <- list(  title = "Temperate (Celsius)",  titlefont = f)g<-plot_ly(x= ~x$Date, y = ~x$Average, type = 'scatter', name="Average", mode='markers') %>%  add_trace(x= ~x$Date, y = ~x$Minimum, name = 'Minimum', mode = 'markers') %>%  add_trace(x= ~x$Date, y = ~x$Maximum, name = 'Maximum', mode = 'markers') %>%  layout(title = "Temperature", xaxis = label_x, yaxis = label_y)

(gg <- ggplotly(g))internalSaveWidget(gg, 'out.html');
####################################################
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've received the solution from Microsoft support that worked for me.

Simply remove the plot_ly conversion in the end:

(gg <- ggplotly(g))

and use 'g' as input for internalsavewidget because 'g' is already a plot_ly object.

Not sure why this leads to an error in PowerBI service because converting a plot_ly object to a plot_ly object shouldn't be a issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gomezepor

I experienced same issue. 

Does any one know the solution?

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi chriswalz,

I am having the same problem and the suggestion marked as the solution below does not work for me.

Did you have your problem fixed?

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chriswalz,

In your statement, you use source('./r_files/flatten_HTML.r') to cite other R statement, please use the detailed R in the .r file statement to replace the "source('./r_files/flatten_HTML.r')", and check if it works fine. And please follow this blog to check if there is unsupported packages in your .r file.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

thanks for your response - unfortunately they didn't solve this issue. Still getting the access denied runtime error. I also checked the packages but all packages i'm using are on the list of supported packages.

Best regards,

Chris

Thank you

I've received the solution from Microsoft support that worked for me.

Simply remove the plot_ly conversion in the end:

(gg <- ggplotly(g))

and use 'g' as input for internalsavewidget because 'g' is already a plot_ly object.

Not sure why this leads to an error in PowerBI service because converting a plot_ly object to a plot_ly object shouldn't be a issue.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors