Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kartikbi100
Frequent Visitor

cannot refresh my report on the service but can do the same on power bi desktop

Hi,

Im not able to refresh the report when i have it published on the power bi service. But i can refresh on power bi desktop so the credentails are correct. My datasource is MYSQL server. Not sure what is the issue here. I republished the report and replaced the existing one and now im getting the below error
"Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh."

kartikbi100_0-1654505232094.png

and when i try to add the credentials and validate it i get the following error

kartikbi100_1-1654505483504.png
I have been using the same credentials for more than a month and never faced any issue and the credentials are working just fine on power bi Desktop. But now, getting this error. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kartikbi100,

May I know whether you configure gateway for your MySQL data source?

Please install the latest version of  on-premises data gateway in the same network with your MySQL database firstly and sign in the gateway app wither your Power BI account firstly. Then, please go to Manage gateway page in Power BI service to add your MySQL data source to the gateway with your MySQL access credential. After that, please go to your dataset settings page, map the data sources in your dataset to the specific data sources that are registered to the gateway.

The link of latest version of Gateway:Download On-premises data gateway from Official Microsoft Download Center

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kartikbi100
Frequent Visitor

Hello  @v-cazheng-msft,

First of all thank you for answering my query. As for the solution, i just reinstalled the gateway and scheduled refresh started working fine. Thank you for the help. 

Hi @kartikbi100,

That's great! Thanks for your reply!

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kartikbi100,

May I know whether you configure gateway for your MySQL data source?

Please install the latest version of  on-premises data gateway in the same network with your MySQL database firstly and sign in the gateway app wither your Power BI account firstly. Then, please go to Manage gateway page in Power BI service to add your MySQL data source to the gateway with your MySQL access credential. After that, please go to your dataset settings page, map the data sources in your dataset to the specific data sources that are registered to the gateway.

The link of latest version of Gateway:Download On-premises data gateway from Official Microsoft Download Center

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors