Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

phi2134
Helper I
Helper I

Workspace Contributor Report Upload

I am trying to understand the new Power BI Contributor Role.  So far i have been testing this out in our P1 environment and need clarification.

I originally had a dataset and a set of reports in the workspace , lets call them Sales POC.  i went in as an admin for the workspace and deleted the reports.  As a workspace con,tributor i tried to upload an updated Sales POC file withe a dataset and reports into the Workspace.  The dataset updates and I can see the changes i made in the Workspace, but the published reports along with it are not showing up.

I was able to create new reports through the Power BI service and they show up fine.  

Is this a limitation of the Contributor Role?  And why would i be able to upload a dataset as a contributor and not reports?

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @phi2134,

This issue has been fixed.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @phi2134,

I have reported this issue to the Product Team: CRI 84379639. I will update the latest info here later.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @phi2134,

The ETA of the fix is Nov 8th. Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors