Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Galat198
Helper IV
Helper IV

Why do need Gateway for Web Table? Cant Disable

Hi,
the sources for my dataset is was Google Analytics and Google BigQuery. I did not have to use Gateway for an update in Service. After I added another table from the WEB connection (table with currency rates) I can't update my dataset from Service without Gateway.

Galat198_0-1611132573000.png

On the one hand, it says I don't have to use Gateway,  But on the other hand, I can not cancel this, and Scheduled refresh not running without online Gateway.

What the problem ??

3 REPLIES 3
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. It will sound stupid but check your Power Query M code. The function "Web.Page" is the one that needs a gateway connection. I'm not sure which environment from windows uses but that's the function that will require it. The Web.Content for example won't need. The problem is that if you are scrapping a web site you must use a gateway.

Hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

@ibarrau 

let
    Source = Web.BrowserContents("https://www.xe.com/currencytables/?from=USD"),
    #"Extracted Table From Html" = Html.Table(Source, {{"Column1", "TABLE[id='historicalRateTbl'] > * > TR > :nth-child(1)"}, {"Column2", "TABLE[id='historicalRateTbl'] > * > TR > :nth-child(2)"}, {"Column3", "TABLE[id='historicalRateTbl'] > * > TR > :nth-child(3)"}, {"Column4", "TABLE[id='historicalRateTbl'] > * > TR > :nth-child(4)"}}, [RowSelector="TABLE[id='historicalRateTbl'] > * > TR"]),
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Extracted Table From Html", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Currency code#(lf)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)▲▼", type text}, {"Currency name#(lf)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)#(tab)▲▼", type text}, {"Units per USD", type number}, {"USD per Unit", type number}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

Web.BrowserContents no need?

The scrapping methods need gateway. I have mentioned Web.Page because it's set by default in desktop. In your case the Html.Table will ask for gateway. It needs a place te get an understanding of the html code. That place is the gateway in windows  😞

Hope this helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors