Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kapcer
Frequent Visitor

Was I using premium capacity?

Hi so I got a Power BI pro license to be able to create a workspace. I was upgraded to premium trail when I got it. I created a workspace and a report and shared it with a lot of people and embedded it in teams and all worked great. Today someone tried to access the report but got a message that Power BI Pro is required. I also don't have the trial anymore.

I always thought that Power BI Free users can always view the reports but it turns out you need Power BI Pro for that. From what I read up online I came to a conclusion that I somehow had a premium capacity trail active and didn't even realise? Am I right or am I wrong, I don't even know if it is possible to check if a workspace was premium or not. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kapcer ,

Free users cannot view the reports given to them by shared, unless the report is in the premium workspace.
Free users can only view the contents of workspaces above the P SKU capacity. Or they can view the contents of their "My Workspace", otherwise they need a Pro or PPU license.

More details: Power BI service features by license type - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vrongtiepmsft_0-1688368092091.png

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kapcer ,

Free users cannot view the reports given to them by shared, unless the report is in the premium workspace.
Free users can only view the contents of workspaces above the P SKU capacity. Or they can view the contents of their "My Workspace", otherwise they need a Pro or PPU license.

More details: Power BI service features by license type - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vrongtiepmsft_0-1688368092091.png

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Kapcer
Frequent Visitor

Or maybe everyone had a Pro Trail and that is why they could access it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors