Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Users can't enter workspace

Hello guys, 

I have a problem with users of a specific group. They can view a report that is embedded in sharepoint, but they are unable to access the workspace, which is required for manual data refreshes. The users are external, but we have had no problems previously with other groups of external users. We add them to the workspace through an AD group, but we have also tried adding each user individually but with same results

The workspace is not visisble in under "workspaces" in https://app.powerbi.com/home  and they can't enter through links. We have tried clearing cookies and entering the workspace in incognito, but to no avail. 

I have also tried creating an entirely new workspace, but we get the same issue. 

I have never encountered a similar issue, so I was hoping one of you guys could help 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You can ask your Power BI Administrator to check your Tenant settings in Admin portal to see whether your organization has blocked the access of external guest user. For external guest user, the workspaces in your organization will not be listed in these users' Workspaces list.

v-cazheng-msft_0-1620892440923.png

If you still have questions, please let me known and provide some other information. I will try to find other possible solutions.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

If this post helps, please consider make it as the solution by Accept it as Solution. Really appreciate!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You can ask your Power BI Administrator to check your Tenant settings in Admin portal to see whether your organization has blocked the access of external guest user. For external guest user, the workspaces in your organization will not be listed in these users' Workspaces list.

v-cazheng-msft_0-1620892440923.png

If you still have questions, please let me known and provide some other information. I will try to find other possible solutions.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

If this post helps, please consider make it as the solution by Accept it as Solution. Really appreciate!

Just to be explicit, does this mean that if I add a user to AD as a guest user because they have a different, already registered domain name, that I will not be able to add them to a workspace I own and I cannot add them as anything other than a guest user thus there is no way to share a workspace with them?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Is this on Premium or on some other SKU?

Anonymous
Not applicable

All users have pro license and it's just a regular workspace, if that is what you are asking? We are not using apps or dashboards from multiple reports. It's just a workspace with a single report and dataset 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors