Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

soldstatic
Resolver I
Resolver I

User dashboards from app

Is it possible to allow users to pin visualizations to their own customized dashboards? In testing so far, only the owner of this particular report appears to be able to pin visuals to a new dashboard. How do we allow end users to make their own?

Thanks,

Andy

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

If you give the user the Build Permission when setting the App, the user will then be able to make a copy of the report and then they would be able to create their own dashboard.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Is there a way that I can allow users to be view only and also pin visualizations/reports to their own dashboards? It seems that they only get this option when I set them as a member or contributor which in that case they would also be able to edit the report, which is undesirable. Is there a way around this?

Our users aren't going to go that trouble, they'd make me do it. Besides they don't have pro licenses. All I want is for them to be able to create their own Dashboards by pinning visuals. So they open the report, filter on what they care about, and make their own dashboards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors