Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

fkeuroglian
Helper I
Helper I

Upload pbix size

Hi Expert

I have a pbix that have 1.6 gb of size, i am using a PRO LICENSE, and cant upload because the file size(max 1 gb).

Is ok if i reduce the size in POWER BI DESKTOP(using some parameter to only bring the top 100 ) and then upload in power bi service, and reload the app?

When i reload in the power bi service, the size will be 1.6 again, is that possible¿?

Thanks, Fernando

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fkeuroglian ,

Currently, the maximum data set size in the shared capacity uploaded to powerbi service in import mode is 1GB, and the size limit will not be exceeded if the data is reduced and reloaded again, otherwise there will be an error message.  
It is recommended to publish to the premium capacity, which is limited to 10GB and can be increased to 12GB after refreshing.  Here is the Subscription Price

vhenrykmstf_1-1634180944603.png

For more details, you can read related blog:

PowerBI Data Refresh Limitations & Restrictions for Pro and Premium user (gigxp.com)

If you choose direct query mode, there is no file size limit, it is directly connected to the data source.

If the problem is still not resolved, please point it out. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@fkeuroglian 

As of today Power, BI Pro only allows 1GB, you need to either switch to Premium which allows 10 GB, or change your connection to Direct Query. 

I wonder, what makes your files so big. have you tried to optimize the file by reducing tables and columns? This will help you optimize and reduce the file size.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Hi @Fowmy 

Thanks for your quick reply

If i moved to Premium x user, i will have 10gb in the limit of pbix?

I can public with user premium per user and users that have pro can see this publication¿?

I try to performance and delete fields that not user, but the main size increase when i bring historical data, for example i have all my 2021 data in my datamodel and this is 1.6 gb, if for example i add one month, each month increase 200mb my PBIX size

Is there any way to reduce this?

My select is very simple, only have 7 fields, and have 900.000 recods in a months, about 11 million x year.

Is this a real limitation?

Thanks Fernando.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors