Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Aleli
Frequent Visitor

Unavailabe gateway option

Hi,

All of my Power BI reports are connected into one data warehouse, and I have already installed an on-premise data gateway.

The gateway is working well for some of the reports, and I don't understand why it's not available for others. Can somebody tell me why the gateway connection option is disabled for some reports? Any idea or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Aleli

2 REPLIES 2
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Aleli

Generally, when the data gateway is unavailable, it is due to having sources that have not been added to the gateway. If I change a source to include a new point of origin (and forget to add it), the data gateway will be greyed out. Check the reports or data sets where the gateway is not an option to make sure all queries are included.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

@Aleli Are you getting any errors with the reports that can't connect, or is it just gray?

Do you have other data sources combined in the dataset with those other reports?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors