Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarKha
Frequent Visitor

Unable to access or open datamart

I created a datamart, but it stopped working after a few days.

There is an error icont that reads: 

Datamart is unavailable

Unable to sync the datamart with the automatically generated dataset. Some reports may not be updated. To try to repair this, select Transform data and then select Save.

When i open the datamart to edit, i get this error:

Internal error

We failed while handling this action: [Datamart Model] Load datamart succeeded

All queries seem to have disappeared.

The auto generated dataset still exists, but it is not refreshed.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @MarKha 

Based on my research internally, this is a known issue for the Power Bi datamart feature and the engineers are trying to figure out the root cause and fix it asap, meanwhile, you can kindly follow this list of steps to get the M query information from the broken unavailable datamart and create a new one with the same M query to keep using the new one and check if it can be used normally after then:

Datamart schema consists of the following:

Dataflow definition
Dataset definition
Database definition

To get these, send a GET request to the following URI:

https://<[baseUrl]>/v1.0/myorg/groups/<[groupId]>/datamarts/<[datamartId]>?$select=etl,xmla,views

To get these values:

1.Open 'Network' tab in developer tools for browser (by pressiong F12 key).
2.Click on the unavailable datamart.
3.It will show an error warning with 'Try again' button. Click on the button.
4.Locate 'resumeSuspendedBatches' call. Get the values from the 'Request URL' field of 'Headers' tab.(You need to change the end of the URL string to“?$select=etl,xmla,views” at the end of this request URL as mentioned in the format of this GET request)
5.For getting the auth token, under the 'Headers' tab, scroll down 'Request Headers' section. Copy the value of 'authorization' field (right click -> 'Copy value')

Send request

GET request can be sent through any tool that supports REST API. Example below is for Postman (https://www.postman.com/downloads/)

1.Select GET
2.Enter URL (as formed above)
3.Under 'Authorization' tab, select 'Bearer Token' as type. Paste the value of the token in the field. NOTE that the token may have a keyword 'Bearer ' prepended to it. Remove this from the token.
4.Hit 'Send'
5.The response status should be 200 OK. The response data would be under 'Body' tab.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1685328278697.png

Then you can copy the response value in yellow in above picture, open the notepad++(If you don’t have, you can download it as it’s free to use):

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1685328302216.png

To change the response format and generate the same queries within the original broken datamart, Press CTRL-h and the Replace dialog will open in notepad++. Select search mode "Extended" and replace \" with ", \\r\\n with \r\n and \\n with \n.

vyueyunzhmsft_2-1685328320375.png

Then you are meant to get the correct query format like this:

vyueyunzhmsft_3-1685328342334.png

Then you can create a new datamart and select the blank query as the datasource, you may need to add them one by one into the datamart to make it as the same as the original broken datamart, here's the step:

vyueyunzhmsft_4-1685328360752.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
wallace13
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi all,
I opened a ticket, and after talking with Microsoft I have some updates to share. 

I was told the fix for this issue was rolled out June 2nd, however in some organizations (such as mine) the issue has persisted and the Product Group is still investigating why this is happening.  I will share with you all any further updates as they happen.

Update:
The product group has confirmed that the bug still exists, and the fix that was rolled out earlier in June has not corrected the issue.  They are still working on the problem, no ETA on resolution yet.

LeonB

I am experiencing the same problem. It has already happened to me with two DataMarts that have been built. The only solution I have found was to rebuild them, but this is no longer an option for a third attempt. So I have come to ask if you have found any solution to the issue. It seems that using data flows will be the best option to play it safe, which makes the premium license not as useful anymore.

wallace13
Advocate II
Advocate II

Have you heard any update from Microsoft when this issue will be resolved?  I am experiencing the same issue. 

Until Microsoft fixes this it really makes datamarts unusable, since even if we recreate our datamarts they may just crash again in the future.  I assume they released this product as preview to see if it is something users want... I think there is a good use case for it, but if it isn't stable nobody can actually use it.

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @MarKha 

Based on my research internally, this is a known issue for the Power Bi datamart feature and the engineers are trying to figure out the root cause and fix it asap, meanwhile, you can kindly follow this list of steps to get the M query information from the broken unavailable datamart and create a new one with the same M query to keep using the new one and check if it can be used normally after then:

Datamart schema consists of the following:

Dataflow definition
Dataset definition
Database definition

To get these, send a GET request to the following URI:

https://<[baseUrl]>/v1.0/myorg/groups/<[groupId]>/datamarts/<[datamartId]>?$select=etl,xmla,views

To get these values:

1.Open 'Network' tab in developer tools for browser (by pressiong F12 key).
2.Click on the unavailable datamart.
3.It will show an error warning with 'Try again' button. Click on the button.
4.Locate 'resumeSuspendedBatches' call. Get the values from the 'Request URL' field of 'Headers' tab.(You need to change the end of the URL string to“?$select=etl,xmla,views” at the end of this request URL as mentioned in the format of this GET request)
5.For getting the auth token, under the 'Headers' tab, scroll down 'Request Headers' section. Copy the value of 'authorization' field (right click -> 'Copy value')

Send request

GET request can be sent through any tool that supports REST API. Example below is for Postman (https://www.postman.com/downloads/)

1.Select GET
2.Enter URL (as formed above)
3.Under 'Authorization' tab, select 'Bearer Token' as type. Paste the value of the token in the field. NOTE that the token may have a keyword 'Bearer ' prepended to it. Remove this from the token.
4.Hit 'Send'
5.The response status should be 200 OK. The response data would be under 'Body' tab.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1685328278697.png

Then you can copy the response value in yellow in above picture, open the notepad++(If you don’t have, you can download it as it’s free to use):

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1685328302216.png

To change the response format and generate the same queries within the original broken datamart, Press CTRL-h and the Replace dialog will open in notepad++. Select search mode "Extended" and replace \" with ", \\r\\n with \r\n and \\n with \n.

vyueyunzhmsft_2-1685328320375.png

Then you are meant to get the correct query format like this:

vyueyunzhmsft_3-1685328342334.png

Then you can create a new datamart and select the blank query as the datasource, you may need to add them one by one into the datamart to make it as the same as the original broken datamart, here's the step:

vyueyunzhmsft_4-1685328360752.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

_0-1688009377263.png

链接中baseurl是在哪里获取?

Where do I get the baseurl in the link?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors