Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Export Data from PBI server report

Dear community,

I have a report with 4 tabs published on PBI server, I am able to download 3 tabs via Export Data option, but for some reason, I can´t download one of them. It is a simple table export with around 30 columns and 310K rows. Here is the error message I encounter (Executing the query for the export data operation resulted in an error): 

ElistheFox2_1-1672831182392.png

ElistheFox2_0-1672831097533.png

Do you have any suggestions what might have gone wrong? 

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Eliška

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes, it may be possible using Power Automate.  This would also provide the ability to extract all 4 tables to a file with one button click.  The trick to get pass the row limit in Power Automate Connector is split the DAX into chunks (a bit like an API call pagination).  Try the following as a guide.

Export MORE THAN 100k rows of Power BI data to CSV using Power Automate | No ROW limits! - YouTube

Create a new Excel File in Power Automate and dynamically populate with a Table and Rows #Excel - Yo...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes, it may be possible using Power Automate.  This would also provide the ability to extract all 4 tables to a file with one button click.  The trick to get pass the row limit in Power Automate Connector is split the DAX into chunks (a bit like an API call pagination).  Try the following as a guide.

Export MORE THAN 100k rows of Power BI data to CSV using Power Automate | No ROW limits! - YouTube

Create a new Excel File in Power Automate and dynamically populate with a Table and Rows #Excel - Yo...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your help, I will take alook at it. 🙂

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous - the only thing that comes to mind is data limit of 30k / 150k, but I would expect a different error message.   Can we use the export when the table has a limited number of rows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You´re right, it seems that maximum limit of exported rows is 150K - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data?tabs=powerbi-d.... 😞 Do you have any idea how to outwit it? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors